If a business is only as successful as the sum of its parts, then the human capital invested is easily the most important asset. Maintaining advantage in the current economic climate is as much about expertly managing a workforce as it is about offering a desirable service or product.
The attorneys in our Labor & Employment Practice understand that the path to human resource management can often be a rocky one. Even with the best of intentions and responses, conflicts can evade resolution and litigation may result. Our team focuses on counseling our clients as to the best ways to avoid labor and employment conflicts and helping to minimize the impact of conflicts should they arise.
Our Labor & Employment attorneys have decades of experience in counseling and litigating on behalf of large and small businesses, entrepreneurs and financial institutions. Matters we handle include:
• Workplace Safety
• Wage and Hour
• Workplace Abuse
• Collective Bargaining Issues
• Labor Practice Fairness & Related Matters
• Union and non-union arbitrations
• Trade Secrets/Unfair Competition
• ERISA Claims
Counseling & Policy Development
We counsel clients as to the best way to approach policies and protocol related to state and federal requirements, including:
• State wage and hour laws
• Federal Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and California-specific leave laws
• Title VII, and state and local employment practices acts
• Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
• Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
• The Workers Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN)
• Hiring and Termination Protocol
• Employee Manual Development
• Drafting Employment, Non-Competition & Severance Agreements
• Employee/Employer Training on employment-related issues
Our attorneys know how to tackle anything from a few bad apples to a hornet’s nest. Regardless of the scope, our team will focus on developing an appropriate and measured response to the issue so that day-to-day operations do not suffer.
We get our clients, and their businesses, back to work.